82nd Academy Awards!

It's already here! Time for the Oscars. I can't wait to watch it tonight.

Too bad I'm not living in Muskegon anymore; The Harbor Theater is showing most of the nominees, even the short films and documentaries! It is one of the best places in West Michigan to see films. I really need to find an independent theater in the area.

Here is a printable ballot for those of you having an Oscar party! I printed one out and will inevitably watch the Oscars in my bedroom, by myself, with my cats. I miss the Oscar parties my friend Sara would host when we were kids. Back then we were all Lord of the Rings nerds and she was, is, in love with Harry Potter. I bet she's having a fabulous Oscar party tonight in Chicago.

I really don't like that there are 10 Best Picture nominees this year. It wasn't even a year where there were 10 qualified nominees! Silly Academy, what were you thinking. District 9, really?

Here are my predictions for the winners:
(update, bold=ones I predicted correctly!)
  • Best Picture - "Up In The Air"
  • Best Director - Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker"
  • Best Actor - Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart".. hands down, he's winning.
  • Best Actress - Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side"
  • Best Supporting Actor - Christopher Waltz, "Inglorious Bastards"
  • Best Supporting Actress - Maggie Gyllenhaal, "Crazy Heart"
  • Best Animated Feature - "Fantastic Mr. Fox" !!! LOVED THIS FILM!
  • Best Foreign Film - "The White Ribbon"
  • Best Original Screenplay - Quentin Tarantino, as much as I can't stand him... he'll probably take this one home
  • Best Adapted Screenplay - Jason Reitman, Sheldon Turner, "Up In The Air"
  • Best Documentary Feature - "The Cove"
  • Best Original Score - "Up"
  • Best Original Song - "The Weary Kind" from Crazy Heart, you can't go wrong with T. Bone Burnett
  • Best Film Editing - "The Hurt Locker"
  • Best Cinematography - "Avatar"
  • Best Costume Design - "Coco Before Chanel"
  • Best Art Direction - "Avatar"
  • Best Makeup - "Star Trek"
  • Best Visual Effects - "Avatar" duh.
  • Best Sound Editing - "Inglorious Bastards"
  • Best Sound Mixing - "The Hurt Locker"
I didn't see any of the nominees for the best shorts.. so it's not even worth guessing. Again, I miss the Harbor Theater, they showed them last week.

Enjoy the Oscars everyone. I can't wait to watch the red carpet.. I generally don't really care to watch pre-shows, but I've very excited to watch it this year for some reason.I may even get all dressed up just to sit alone watching them.



Just saw this video on my friend Andrew's Facebook. It is amazing! Could not stop laughing.

Comments

  1. Great post, im so sad I missed it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually a pretty good show! I liked how they focused more on the actors as individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I didn't know you had a blog until just now! And I LOVE that you posted that video!! I watched it the other day and about peed my pants!! Hahahahha.
    I'm following you now! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts