Hamburger dress!

So.... I've decided to try out this whole "style blog" thing to showcase my personal style and clothes I make. I'm going to start posting tutorials of thrift store dresses that are completely hideous, with before pictures, pictures of how to change them with instructions, and pictures of the end result! It's a great way to learn how to sew and so much fun to create a dress that no one else has with just a few alterations! I'm so excited! However, it's strange for me to be in front of the camera; I've always preferred to be the one taking pictures. So here goes. Tell me what you think. I am making funny faces in most of these, need to stop talking when she's snapping away.

Rachael and I went down to the pond at the entrance to our street and took a few pictures after shopping at the mall. She yelled at me for going in Sephora :/ . I guess it's good I stay away from that store. I would have ended up buying $40 face cream I didn't need or something.
Anyways, there are a ton of asian ducks down there just wandering around all the time, drinking from the street and blocking traffic. They don't like flowers I guess.

My friend, Sarah, gave me this dress a few weeks back and I've been itching to wear it since the second I got it home and tried it on! I love living in the south; it's already warm outside. I will probably be biting my tongue in July when it's 100 degrees outside.. but for now I'm loving it.

Sarah's son Aidan used to call design on the dress hamburgers when he was little when she'd wear it. He's now nine, and when we all went to dinner last night he didn't remember the dress at all. Sarah reminded him he'd call it the "hamburger dress" and he gave me a funny face. I still like to refer to it as the hamburger dress though. It's funny.

I paired it with a navy polka dot belt I had from a dress I cut up to make clutches a while back. The best part about this dress though, it has pockets!

Shoes: Aldo
Dress: vintage
Belt: thrifted
Sunglasses: Forever 21

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts