Kitty Cat Jewelry Dish


I received the best surprise on Friday from my friend, Sarah: a kitty cat ashtray/jewelry dish! She and my friend, Ryan, spent the afternoon thrifting and found this at Goodwill. Sarah said when she saw this she couldn't not buy it. As most visitors to my home know, I do not need more "cat things" but this was just too cute. It's a mamma cat and her four babies following her. 




Handpainted in Japan, it's a real one-of-a-kind. The tail was glued back on after breaking at one point, but that just gives it more character. Since I'm a non-smoker, I'm using it as a jewelry dish. I placed it on my dresser in my bedroom to hold all my jewelry of the day. While I have a jewelry box my mother made me from a vintage silverware case, it's great to use for my most frequently worn pieces.


I absolutely LOVE IT! Thanks Sar!


She also got me this funny little book entitled, "Crafty Cat Crimes: 100 Tiny Cat Tale Mysteries". Full of 100 short stories told from a cat's perspective. They are really funny and clever; I only read a few so far. I like that all the stories are nice and short.


The first one I read was told by a cat, whose name he won't reveal because "true names of cats are never revealed outside of their secret tribe". The cat belongs to Sherlock Holmes. The cat's favorite toy, a shiny locket, is "loaned" to Sherlock Holmes by the cat and is used to solve a crime. In the end the locket is on someone's neck, but still "his". They're nice quick stories, perfect since I'm so busy and never have time to read.

Currently, I'm reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. I've wanted to read it since I saw the trailer for the movie starring Viggo Mortenson, and heard from friends it was worth reading. I found a used copy for $2 at 2nd & Charles! I'm enjoying it so far. I tried to wait to watch the movie until I finished the book but just couldn't wait. I cried for about an hour after viewing the movie. I'm sure I'll do the same when I get to the end of the book. It'll be a waterfall I'm sure.

I have a ton of sewing to do today; I'm making a Martin Luther King, Jr. purse to give away tomorrow since it's MLK day! So much work to do.. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Comments

  1. The cat jewelery holder is very cool-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that is so awesome! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts