Valentine's preview!

Another busy day in my sewing room! I'm up to almost 20 pieces of lingerie finished for the photo shoot this weekend. The first portion of my lingerie line will be up by Valentine's Day! I'm working on about 100 pieces but only some will be ready in time for the holiday. 
Since I work back-to-back shifts at the Bridal Shop and the bar the next three days, I've really been going nuts today and yesterday. I sewed this teal piece today, the scalloped lace was so fun to sew! All the pieces I've repurposed started out long and white. 
They were hand dyed and altered to liven them up, make them sexier, and update the look entirely. Most of the slips I have were made in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s. Meant to never be seen, they're always white or off-white. I love taking these "undergarments" and making them something you can show off and enjoy wearing. I've fixed any flaws from wear and tear over the years but most weren't worn more than a few times.
This yellow piece, once an accordion style slip, dyed yellow and restyled with the accordion bottom reattached at the natural waist. Very fun and feminine!
Pale pink slip from the 1950s. Hand dyed. Another accordion style slip shortened and extra ribbon sewn into a bow and sewn on at the neckline.
 The final sneak peak, a slip from the 1960s. Hand dyed slate grey. Ribbon from the original hem sewn on at the bodice in an asymmetrical fashion. Shortened.
So much more to come early next week when everything will be up on my Etsy page. Have a great week everyone. See you all in a few days!

Comments

Popular Posts