Goodbye Steve Jobs.


Last night I was very sad to hear the news of Steve Jobs passing. He was such an amazing inventor, a forward thinker, knowing no limits and achieving so much with his life. He was beyond inspiring.

Where would we be in this world without Steve Jobs? I would definitely not be laying in my bed, blogging from my iPhone (what I'm currently doing since I have a nasty cold.) The way we use computers in out everyday life would be a world away from what we know had Steve Jobs never created Apple. He was only of the most important men living in our generation. I can't believe he is actually gone.

I read a quote from Steve this morning in the outpour of emotion from those that loved him, that are now mourning his death, and praising his life online.

"Here's to the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... The ones who see things differently - they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

It makes me smile. I know I am nothing like Steve Jobs and will never accomplish what he has accomplished (no one ever will), but his life and words always make me feel comfortable and content with my choices in life. Going down the unpopular path, and being different has never been easy, and he makes it feel okay.

Thank you Steve; your life was amazing. I can honestly say you inspired and changed mine.

(my iPod Photo pictured above is from 2004. The first color screen on an iPod. It still plays 40 GB of my Emo college music.)

Comments

  1. It really such sad sad news, he had such a profound effect on the everyday life. The world has lost a genuis.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts and quote of his you have here!! So glad your 'ancient' iPod is still going strong! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts