Etsy Review: I'm Your Present



I've been wanting this Cuts of Meat dress for so long! I finally splurged in June and bought it for myself. I bought it from I'm Your Present, where one girl, Kelly, sews everything. She makes the cutest clothes! Kelly is a power seller on Etsy, up to about 12,000 sales! She must never leave her work shop; I wish I had that dedication. 

This dress just cracks me up. The positioning and words of the screenprint just make me giggle. The front is "rack", "rib", and "shank".



The backside, "chuck", "sirloin", and "rump". I didn't realize that people would actually look at it when I'm out in public. With the big "rump" screen-print on the butt, I can catch people reading it. I did wear it with skinny jeans in public because it is so short on me. I'm too tall for so many dresses.

It makes me a little uncomfortable feeling people's eyes on me, but I guess I picked the wrong dress to not be noticed. That is the precise reason I got it in grey with black screen print. This one would have been a little much for me. I love how sassy it is though. Definitely gives me a little swing in my hips when I wear it.


While it took about three weeks to get my dress, she made it in the color I wanted, and as a tank dress. It was a bit pricey compared to the mall, but look what I got, a handmade, American made, custom screen printed, made to my size, amazing dress that I guarantee, no one else in this city has. Handmade is always better! I love shopping on Etsy. Check out her shop for more amazing clothes. AND she makes things with kittens on them. I love cat clothing! This Pink Pretty Kitty Dress will probably be my next purchase from her shop.



Stella approves of my purchase.


Before going to the mall, and making the mistake of shopping at Forever 21, Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, or some cheap clothing store, consider the alternative: ETSY! It is FULL of thousands of clothes. And while I know that it will be a lot more expensive than shopping at the mall, the quality is a thousand times better. 

On Etsy, you can talk to the person that actually made what you are buying! You can customize your clothing depending on the buyer. And you are buying from an artist, a designer, not a corperation. That makes it worthwhile for me. I work hard for my money, and I like to be proud of where it goes, and so should you.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm off to the pool for lunch with some friends visiting from Atlanta. It's a beautiful day and I can't wait to get outside! I get to wear my awesome bathing suit bottoms, that I also bought on Etsy. Post on that coming soon.

Comments

Popular Posts