Lost in a forest


Covered under the canopy in this little forest, protected from the rain, Rachael and I got out for a little shoot on my last night in Florida. This little piece of land felt like a magical forest. I wish I lived in a place where trees grew like this. I just want to climb them on a sunny day with a good book and hang around in them for hours.




I did not photoshop these photos! Can you believe it? Yes, it really is this green in Florida! It was incredible. I feel like the colors are too saturated to be real life. This plot of land is for sale. I am sure once it sells someday these trees will be torn down to make room for homes and buildings. That makes me sad. It is too beautiful to be destroyed.


Raindrops falling on my head.



Shorts:: floral denim, thrifted, gift from Rachael. Shirt:: Rachael's. 
Boots:: Aldo. Belt:: thrifted


Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to have a job or a permanent home. I wish I could spend all day just wandering around, soaking up all the beauty there is in this world. Cheesy, yes, but I'm serious. Don't you ever feel so overwhelmed by nature you never want to return to a real life. I feel like I am constantly surrounded by consumers, money-hungry people, materialism, and those that only work for money. Everyday I think of how lucky I am that I am happy with my job and my life. My modest little life with my cats and sewing and the love of my friends and family. That is all I need.


Photos by Rachael. Thanks, Rach.

Comments

  1. Wow! It does feel like a magical forest. And I also can't believe how green and lush it is! So sad that all people seem to want to do in this world is tear down the beauty (forest, trees, nature) to build up the ugly (buildings, concrete jungle).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts