Fajita and Margarita night

I love my Sunday dinners with Matt. We have such a good time cooking together and making new things. We always try to find new recipes and make them as healthy as possible. This past weekend we had chicken fajitas and corn on the cob with some delicious margaritas!
Matt was in charge of fajitas. He made me fajitas on our first at home dinner date. He cooked in my tiny kitchen in my last apartment, after we had been dating a month or so. He cheated and bought a fajita kit. Funny how we have both changed so much since then. Our eating habits are a world away from what they used to be. I love that fajitas with Matt always remind me of our first dates together. And now we can share the kitchen and cook together; this kitchen is amazing!
In the fajitas, red and green bell peppers (Matt hates the green but I love them!), pearl onions, so yummy!
Cheating with the flavor packet from Kroger. Goal for next time we cook fajitas: use spices from our spice cabinet and some corn starch instead of this prepackaged stuff. And spicier! Maybe throw in some jalapenos. Mmmmm...
Zeus' begging pose while we cook. Such a beggar, but how can we say no to those big brown eyes. He's not allowed to have people food but I have been known to "drop" food here and there.
My job: margarita maker. My recipe: 2 shots of Cuervo, 1 shot of Patron Citronage, salted rim, fresh lemon, and "no sugar added" margarita mixer. We may seem like alcoholics with that much liquor in one drink, but it's Sunday. So it's okay to enjoy a nice stiff margarita at home.
Homemade salsa Matt made. Ingredients: cherry and roma tomatoes, 1 jalapeno, white onion, freshly cooked corn, cilanto.
Cheesy kissy picture. And below, what Matt thinks of cheesy pictures. We have such a good time being silly.
Added toppings on my fajita: low fat sour cream, cheese, fresh avocado, homemade corn salsa. It was so good I'm getting hungry just looking at these pictures! I can't wait until it's warmer outside and every Sunday dinner can be outside on our porch! 

What do you like to do on your Sunday nights?

Comments

  1. These photos are so adorable with you and Matt!! Looks so incredibly delicious! And your margarita drink sounds PERFECT! Every time I try to cook with my boyfriend I get so frustrated...he just doesn't know his way around a kitchen and cooking would take us hours...

    Zeus is such a cutey and you're so blessed to have such a big kitchen! Cheers and enjoy your cooking together Sunday tomorrow! <3

    Oh, and I wanted to share this homemade seasonings blog post I found a couple months ago! Maybe it'll help with your future fajitas adventures?

    http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/12/seasonings-greetings.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts