Getting old(er)


The most important things in life aren't fame, status, wealth, riches, or material possessions, but those you love and that love you in return. Friends and family. Living in Georgia, I am alone as far as family goes. But I more than make up for it with the great friends in my life. I love my "family" in Georgia.  They are always there for me, and love me so much, and I love them more than anything. 


Yesterday was my birthday. As I approach 30, the birthdays in between seem more insignificant. And I've never really been one to celebrate my birthday. For years, I wouldn't tell anyone my birthday, and it'd come and go, I'd spend the day with family, and friends would say, "isn't your birthday coming up?!" I'd laugh and tell em, "Oh yeah, it was last week." This year all I wanted was a nice quite night, with friends, and cake. 

With my friends here in Georiga, I can't very well get away with that. For the third time since I've known her, my friend Sarah threw me a surprise dinner, planned by her and Matt. Just a few of us met up at Bees Knees, a local tapas restaurant, for wine, food, and cake. Sarah, Katie, Jessica, Danny, Matt and I. A small table of six. Matt didn't tell me anything he/they had planned. We walked into Bees Knees like we were going to get a quick appetizer, and then he brought me to a table, not even greeting the hostess. It hit me, "they did it again!"


And holy cow! The cake! Sarah made me chocolate carrot cake, two layers, with cream cheese pecan frosting. I'm enjoying a slice for lunch as I type this. I told her fiancé, Danny, that he'd better watch out, she may not be available come April when they get married! 

It was the perfect little quiet birthday. I'm so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. Cheers to many more years and to all of you out there that have love in your life. 

And?! Did you know, I share a birthday with two of the most amazing men in history, Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln. Happy birthday old guys. They're be 204 years old if still alive. Who do you share a birthday with?

Comments

  1. Happy birthday girl. It's nice to find someone who doesn't take birthdays too seriously, especially 30, and can look at the positives of ringing in another year of life - friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful night. Happy Valentine's Day as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts