Superbowl Sunday

In a million years, I never thought I would have been looking forward to the Superbowl. Every fall, I dread, while Matt longs for football season to start. I know it's going to mean game after game, in front of a TV, beer, all day Saturday, on a beautiful fall day when I'd rather be doing something else, other than watching another college football game. It's an understatement to say Matt's in love with college football. 

While I was attending Michigan State back in the day, football was never really a big thing. We'd tailgate, socialize, go to the game, but I never really got into the game. Probably had something to do with the talent at my school those years, our team was nothing to really get all that excited about. Matt attending Auburn University, one of the best football programs in college football. 

When we met, he told me he didn't really care about pro football. Thank god. College ends, Pro begins, we're good, no more football. Well... then he started liking pro football.. recently. I swear football feels like it's never going to end! Yesterday was the final game of the season. And all week it was actually something I was looking forward to. 

We started out day like all other Sundays, cleaning day around the house. Reset the house to how it should be after a long week of craziness and messes from the furr-babies. A quick lunch at our favorite "mexican" restaurant in town, and then baked some football goodies. Together, we made my spinach-artichoke dip, my version of touchdown taco dip, and olive stuffed cheese balls. It was funny watching Matt try and mix something with cream cheese that wasn't softened as much as it should have been. We had our usual little bickering and laughing at one another while mixing up dips. 

We were on a tight schedule since Matt had to broadcast live before the game at Carolina Ale House from 3-5. We went and hung out on the patio for a few hours, while Matt was on air every now and again. For those of you that are newer readers, my boyfriend is an on-air personality on our local rock station. He's quite the celebrity around town, hehe. Really though, the perks are nice when people always recognize him and his voice. 

After finishing up at the Ale House, we headed over to our friend's super bowl party, where of course, I forgot to even take out my camera to take pictures of all my yummy fixings and friends at the gathering. My friends Rachael and Sanj were awesome hosts, and I was so pleased when Rachael made my pineapple explosions! The game was fun, we didn't really care for either team. And it was a miracle I didn't fall asleep this year! (The picture above is a fake, posed for IG) Last year I fell asleep with my head on a friend's shoulder during the third quarter when everyone was screaming and cheering. Quite embarrassing, eh? I'll never live to forget that.

The best part of the night? I won the raffle! The football raffle where everyone signs a square. I didn't think it was possible based on my squares, but the two points from the safety in the last two minutes was a miracle. I went home $40 richer, woo hoo!

Happy Monday, friends. Today I'm working on a video update for my Kickstarter page, and I have a few other things up my sleeve. You'll see soon!

Comments

  1. Kind of awesome that you won the raffle! We joined in on the squares thing too, but we weren't as lucky as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't even expecting to win. It was so fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Maybe it's because I'm into fashion but I've never gotten into football. Never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I can't believe I'm finding myself getting into it. When I was little my dad and I would watch it together and he taught me about 1st downs, etc. So it brings me back. I wish Matt loved baseball more. That's a WAY better sport!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts