Solar Panels, hooray!

We took the plunge yesterday and made the biggest purchase yet for Shelby, aside from Shelby, herself: solar panels! Matt and I met up at lunchtime at Harbor Freight, and bought 3 15-Watt solar panels, in a kit, with almost everything we need to get the electrical finished. We also bought jackstands so Shelby is more stable when parked. This is a huge step for us and her renovation and have to thank all the Kickstarter supporters for making this possible. 

Hooray! I'm so beyond excited that we have these! Shelby will be 100% self-sustaining, and eco-friendly. No outside energy source needed for where-ever she goes. This project is so amazing, and I wish I could devote my entire day to working on her outside. Unfortunately, Matt doesn't trust me to use the electric saw by myself, which I am fully capable, but I respect his concern and will refrain from cutting power tools while alone and working. Today she'll get a good scrub down and prep for this weekend's electrical and floor installation. 

Agh, I can't stop smiling. Read more about Shelby and our project here. And check out the Kickstarter page here. We still have a little less than 2 weeks left to raise extra funds to get her ready for the road.

Comments

  1. I know this post is about solar panels but I love your denim skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's my most favorite skirt ever! Got it for $1 at a church thrift store in South Carolina. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a huge step for us and her renovation and have to thank all the Kickstarter supporters for making this possible. Solar Panel Cost

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts