Shelby update!

It's down to the wire. The last 24 hours of our Kickstarter project, raising funds for Shelby. We are so close to our $1,000 goal. She is really coming along well. The list of to-dos is dwindling down and getting smaller and smaller. It's so exciting! Eeep!

This weekend we encountered some setbacks with bad, cold weather, rainy and in the 40s. That's hell for us in Georgia. It made me laugh that I managed to wear a baseball cap in public, but ya gotta go what you can to avoid the rain. We finished the front wall, and it is GORGEOUS! Unfortunately, we have yet to finish the electrical. I'm dreading attaching the solar panels and wiring all the outlets and what not. Especially since it all has to be done before we can finish all the walls and ceiling.

While not working on Shelby, I've been sewing like crazy at home, and planning ahead. Spring is going to be here before we know it! That means new lingerie, new clothing, new handbags, and the best part, warm weather. New seasons are so exciting. They always push my creative buttons and make me inspired to sew outside of my norm, helping me produce new, fresh pieces. 

And I can't wait to have a ton of new merchandise for my mobile shop. I'll be taking reservations for lingerie parties, ladies nights in parties, wedding showers, etc., within so many miles of where I live.  Email me if you live in the area and are interested in hosting a party. What I'm really looking forward to, is taking her on the road! 

I'm also planning the grand opening party. Finding a caterer, setting up the guest list, inviting all the Kickstarter supporters and local readers, supporters, customers, friends. It's going to be great. I can't wait to hang up my entire inventory in Shelby; I'm even getting special boutique hangers to match the feeling of the interior. Y'all are going to be blown away with the great reveal.

We're almost 90% sure of her paint color. It's a little secret until the big reveal. What color do you think we should paint her?

All photos courtesy of Sharon Wilson of Augusta Boudoir.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts