And we're home!

Phew. We've made it! HOORAY! After the longest weekend of my life, Matt and I are now in Jacksonville, FLorida, our new city. With many bumps along the way, our caravan of moving truck, SUV, Jeep, and Shelby pulled into our driveway, keys under the mat, and with place to lay rest our head. Moving is no fun, let me tell you. Unpacking is still coming along, slowly but surely, these things are always the longest of all. Good news, we have a gorgeous house right by the river, a back yard for Zeus, and we get a week before Matt starts his new job to explore our new city and finish Shelby. Since we're waiting on our internet to be hooked up, I'll be remotely blogging and working from a Starbucks. At this point I'm just happy to have some internet access. It's been a nightmare trying to find a working hotspot! Matt and I spent the better part of our morning all over town, trying to connect to the internet via Wifi. First, a cute downtown coffee shop with Wifi that wouldn't connect, then to a public park downtown with the same issue, Wifi that wouldn't connect. THEN two separate public libraries that were closed until hours later. FINALLY, we made it to Starbucks a few miles from our house. At last, we have internet and I have my iPad. Sweet release.

Good news, this weekend was a blast. Our friend, Jonathan, drove down with us to help with the drive and unload the truck. We spent a bit of Sunday at the beach before more unpacking. And with Monday being Memorial Day, we relaxed all day, wandered here and there, and then headed down to The Landing for a free concert put on by the local rock station, X102.9. Coheed and Cambria were headlining, with a few other bands playing early in the evening. The concert was on the river and absolutely amazing. We just happened to run into our new friends we'd met the day before at the beach, with whom we all played beach volleyball. Talk about small world, eh?

Next on our agenda, making some furniture for the house before I lose Matt to his sweet new job with the Florida Times Union. Pretty soon, you'll all be able to go to Jacksonville.com and see Matt, their new video reporter. He's going to be a superstar in no time, and I'll be a vendor at all downtown art shows, and setting up shop in an office, downtown or in the Riverside area, set up away from the house. We're both super excited. We're also in the planning stages for a line of men's t-shirts and screenprinting division of Sally Ann. Big things ahead, big things.

Hopefully, I'll be back soon with more Jacksonville updates, but in the meantime we'll be settling in and working like crazy to get back to normal. Hope you are all doing well! See y'all soon!

 

Comments

  1. So glad you made it safely and are unpacking your things in your new home. :) I can totally relate to the "moving is a bitch" scenario. I'm doing it right now, except I have to move my things to a unit, stay in Muskegon for 2 weeks, then move to my new place in Kentwood and move my things from my storage unit again.
    SUCH a pain in my ass. I'll be happy when it's all over. :)

    Enjoy Florida!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts