We're moving!

That's right. Matt and I are moving south, to Jacksonville, Florida. We've been working on our Georgia exit strategy for some time now, and it's finally happening. Our time left in Augusta is less than two weeks. And oh so bittersweet. The past three and a half years here have been truly amazing. We are going to miss this town, but at the same time are so excited for a new life in a bigger city.

This past weekend my friend, Jonathan, and I drove down to Jacksonville for some house hunting. My, oh my, was it a rough day. We saw some real dumps, and I mean dumps. It's amazing how deceiving pictures posted on the internet can be. Above is my "eh how do I be nice to this guy and pretend I like the house" face. No note taking was necessary once we went inside and saw the home.

We also saw some real gems. After driving around using a realtor app, we found the house we'd been longing to find all day. A gorgeous three bedroom with ample storage space, hardwood floors, and a "Florida" room. So cross your fingers or pray for us, that we get accepted and granted the house! EDIT: WE GOT THIS HOUSE! WHOO-HOO!

I cannot wait for the next few weeks and our future. So many exciting things to share with you all very soon. Back to packing! Have a great Monday..

Comments

  1. My fingers are crossed for you two! I hope you guys land the house - from your pictures the place looks awesome! Florida will definitely be a nice change of scenery. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get all settled in and meet new people and find OFFICE SPACE! It's so exciting :)

      Delete
  2. I lived in Jacksonville for 4 years! It's an AWESOME place to live! Is your house in Avondale?
    You should DEFINITELY look into doing the Riverside Arts Market on Saturdays! I did it for a little over a year before I moved for a job and it was amazing! Such a great creative community. There's also First Wednesday Art Walks downtown. Feel free to contact me if you want any contacts for markets :)
    I'm hoping to get back to Jax soon! Congrats on the house! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!! I'm so happy for you two! Starting a new chapter in life is so exciting, and I wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quite hard to recover after being disappointed at a certain house. But at least you've found the house that you want! I hope that the transaction went smoothly. Moving will be another stressful event, so I do hope that you take everything slowly but surely. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts