A Morning Stroll

Loving this time of year in Augusta. It's brisk chilly mornings, perfect for dog walks in jeans and a t-shirt, while walking quickly to not catch a chill. A light cardigan that you won't need by lunch-time, and beautiful promises of spring. Oh, how I love the south. 

Watching the weather reports oh my native Michigan makes me so thankful I moved south. Many of you probably still have snow on the ground, and more falling! Crazy! Here in Georgia, we only have a month of two of cold weather before the days get longer and we can throw socks and coats to the back of the closet. 

Having been south for over three years, I can't imagine the habitual days of layering and layering, showeling sidewalks, scraping windshields. Trying to figure out which car to start brushing off, since you can't tell which one is yours... Chapped cheeks and wondering what warm even feels like. Here, we deal with the shortest period of cold, we bundle up as best as we can, and pray for an early spring. We don't even have the heat turned on in our house! Can you imagine that in Michigan?! 

This morning, I could have used a light jacket, but I refused on principle. And ballet flats from now on, no more boots! I'm convinced it will stay warm for good! Before we know it, the weather won't even allow for jeans. I can't wait! Dress for the weather, and it will come, right? Right. 

And Zeus has the best time ever We took an 8:30 walk through our neighborhood and Zeus got to "read the newspaper", what I like to call his smelling of who's who in the neighborhood. What dogs have been walking around where. He's a happy, happy boy!

 
In other news, Shelby has been coming along quite nicely. Planning her paint job soon, and finishing more interior work. We finally ordered all the interior fixtures, hangers, and racks. We'll be building the changing room soon as well. Never a dull moment in this household. Matt and I are constantly "go, go, go".. with my best friend's wedding in a few weeks, bachelorette shower and party this weekend, and more, who knows when the next free weekend will come. Making every moment count!

 
Back to work now. Coffee in hand, cat headed for my lap. I'm working on custom alterations this morning. I feel like I'm back in my David's Bridal seamstress days with a bridemaids dress that is in need of a few hours of my attention. Stay warm, friends! 

Comments

  1. Seriously loving your long, blonde hair! It looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great as a blonde!! And that shirt is killer.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts