Shelby Update: Ceiling is Insulated

Quick update as I rush to pack for a little pre-weekend getaway with Matt to escape Augusta for a few days. This week I've been doing odds and ends on Shelby, finishing the insulation on the ceiling and a few other things. I used fiberglass insulation, to block out potential heat, and reduce noise of the aluminum flapping when we drive down the road. Man it was itchy!

And ta-da! I told you it was going to be a surprise when we revealed Shelby, but ah well, here are the sconces. Simple, and with a pull chain switch on the side. There will be one on each of the side walls.

We spent a few days out with Zeus as he supervised. Or shall I say, he continuously brought me his ball or stick while I filled cracks with tinted wood filler. Silly boy.

And last but not least, I mounted a license plate holder on the back side. Drilled into a back support, making sure the holes wouldn't hit the wiring of the lights, and caulked the holes to prevent potential water damage. Yay!

And we're off! Pictures from the road soon on my Instagram page. If you don't follow me already, here I am. Have a great day, friends!

Comments

  1. She's coming along so nicely! I love seeing your Shelby updates. She's a beaut!! :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts