Backyard photos


I woke up bright and early thing morning! Determined to have a photo shoot in my backyard, I gathered all my finished pieces of lingerie, my tripod, freshly charged D40, remote, and dress-form. It was such a beautiful day today. I am thankful everyday that I live in Georgia. Michigan is still freezing this time of year!

This piece was originally blue! It was in rough shape and a very faded color. This, along with about 50 other slips, was given to me by Annette of Sweet Ludie's Vintage Clothing. Her store was closing and relocating, and she gave me whatever I wanted from her store! I got over 50 vintage slips, all mostly white and cream. Perfect for my line of lingerie! And most of them were never even worn! Find this "Pink Cupcake" lingerie here.


My last photoshoot was with a model and a professional photographer. Nothing beats seeing lingerie you want to buy on a model that is close to your size, seeing how it will fit you better. But I think that it may be different for OOAK (one of a kind) pieces. Plus it just isn't cost effective for me. I think when I start doing made to order lingerie I will have another photo shoot with David. My photographer is so amazing and I can't wait to work with him again.


This shoot I really wanted to try out my new Tamron lens in natural light. I've always hated it. The indoor pictures it takes look so grainy if I have to crop them. Well after using it at the beach last weekend with Rachael, I realized it has a lot of potential to take great pictures!

The lens that came with my camera took a dive into some coffee at an art show last April so I had to invest in a new one. Instead of getting what I really wanted, I got a $300 Tamron lens, 18-300 mm. The range was a big plus but also can make the pictures grainy if I'm not careful.

My backyard is so peaceful! I love my wicker furniture. ($50 on craigslist!)


I had to photograph everything before midday when the sun would be directly above me and make the light too harsh, too many shadows. Sweet success; I finished everything by 11am and I've been listing all the pieces in my Etsy shop all afternoon!


Isn't this skirt amazing? I got it in Columbia, South Carolina for 50 cents at a thrift store! It's super high waisted, long, and has little bows on the butt pockets. Someone craftily ironed on little hearts on the butt pockets as well. They were coming off when I bought it but I wanted to keep it like it was when someone loved it for many years, so many years ago.

Check out my Etsy shop for all the new lingerie that is up!

Comments

Popular Posts