Making pricetags:

My first craft show in almost a year is tomorrow! I'm so excited. I've spent most of the day getting things together. Social Canvas 2011 will be held on the River Walk in downtown Augusta from 1-4pm. The River Walk is a walkway up on the levee of the Savannah river, and it's right outside of the Morris Museum. I participated in Social Canvas last year, and it was a great show. Local bands play outside, vendors sell their local art, local artists will be painting live, there is painting for kids, and so much more. I'm so happy to help out the Morris Museum and support local art!
I made clothing tags using images I took with Instagram. Along with a little magic in photoshop, I made the perfect tag! It was a little tricky lining up the font so it would print exactly on the backside of the image. Since I'm self-taught in photoshop, I'm sure there are a few ways to make everything I do in that program easier, but I manage. I printed them on 110 weight card stock with my inkjet printer. So easy!
The heart shaped Martha Stewart hole punch and scrap yarn to finish the tags. Then, they are safety pinned to the garments. I think it's important to pay attention to every little detail when selling your handmade goods. Buyers notice these things, especially when they positively affect your product. I think I might just be a control freak and sometimes go overboard with the details, but that's just me. Notice how I use the same font for everything? My blog's banner, buttons, business cards, and now my tags. 
I can't wait to see how my lingerie is received. I love art shows because you get to meet who buys your product. Don't get me wrong, I love Etsy, but 99% of the time, the buyer doesn't leave a message and there is no communication. I love telling the buyer the story behind the fabric, getting to know them a little, and helping them find exactly what they want! And since I have never sold my lingerie at a show before, this will be interesting.
I purchased some brown paper gift bags at Michaels today, stapled my card to each one, and stopped by Salvation Army for some uncut vintage patterns to use in place of tissue paper. That's one of my secret packaging trademarks, I use patterns instead of tissue paper. It's a nice surprise when the customer opens their order and it has added character and recycled properties to it, I think. Guess it's not a secret anymore ha.
Anyone in the Augusta area, feel free to stop by and say hello! I'll be including all my new pieces that haven't yet made it into my Etsy shop. Whatever doesn't sell will be listed early next week. Have a great weekend! Spring is in the air, eh?

Comments

Popular Posts