Apple Strawberry Blackberry Pie. Mmm.

After my Saturday morning trip to Saturday Market, I thought I'd do some experimenting in the kitchen. With my fresh strawberries and blackberries, and a few apples from my fridge, I made a delicious pie.
Recipe:
-3-4 apples
-2 cups strawberries
-a handful of blackberries
-1/2 cup suar
-3 tablespoons flour
-2 tablespoons butter
-pie crust

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Start by slicing the apples really thin. Cut the tops off the strawberries and cut them in half. In large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Add fruit. Pour into pie pan. Cut the butter into small cubes and scatter on top of fruit.

Using a pizza cutter, slice the top piece of crust into long 3/4" strips. Starting with the longer pieces, carefully weave them together on top of the fruit. This will take some time if you haven't done it before. I like to take three pieces and lie them one direction. Then take another and weave it perpendicular to them. Eventually work to the smaller pieces. It's quite fun! Save a few small pieces and combine them to make a long strip of crust. Roll it into a long snake-like pieces. Place it over the edge of the pie pan, and use a fork to press it down over the edge, giving the pie a finished look.
Bake for 15 minutes on 400 then lower the over to 350 for 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven. Don't forget to turn the oven off! I accidentally left mine on for an extra hour or two. I'm so forgetful sometimes. I'm going to have an awesome gas bill ha.
It was perfect! With a glass of milk. Mmmmm. I can't wait to try other fruits. I love that all the fruit was locally grown. It makes the pie that much better!!

Comments

  1. so simple yet yummy looking. I'm a dummy when it comes to recipes so a simple recipe spells me. Thanks!


    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that looks super tastey - I will have to try that. I went to the sat. Market for the first time this weekend and bought lots of fruits for freezing due to my current smoothie addiction :-)

    Xo,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried it and just changed the fruits. It is a great base recipe !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts