Goodbye Kaitlyn

Last week was my last sewing lesson with Kaitlyn before she heads to college. She had to shorten a cheerleading skirt for a friend at the last minute. She came over bright and early, with a muffin, iced coffee and a box of Oreos. She knows how to please me in the mornings. She had lots of practice, as I spent all last fall and winter teaching this little lady how to sew. After months and months of lessons, I helped her create a line of repurposed clothing for her senior project. 


Last Friday morning, Kaitlyn learning how to thread my Kenmore. She always sewed on my Janome, and then she got her own Janome for Christmas. Read about her first sewing machine here


What we made on her FIRST LESSON! That's right, first. Read about it here.


Kaitlyn never really liked my cats, but they loved her. Blog post here.


A dress repurposed from a nightgown. She is just too cute! Read more here.


Cutting out a pattern. Blog post here.


Another outfit she made. This was only our second lesson! Read more here.


Making a cowl neck shirt from an old sweatshirt and silk blouse. Blog post here.


High-waisted shorts made from hideous pants. Blog entry here.


Secretary Kaitlyn. Blog post here.


Kaitlyn and I at her fashion show. The money from the show's tickets and from all the silent auctions went to the Alzheimer's Association. I was so proud of her on this day! 20 outfits, 12 models. She accomplished so much!

I can't believe she leaves for college today! She was just a girl when she started coming over to my apartment for lessons. We'd spend the day sewing, Kaitlyn working on her pieces while I worked on mine. We became so close and it is amazing to see all that she has accomplished since this time last year. 

Kaitlyn is off to University of Georgia and is planning on studying fashion merchandising. Keep your studies up, Kaitlyn, maybe we will work together someday. I'm really going to miss her. 

Read more about Kaitlyn here.

Comments

Popular Posts