What I Wore:: 8.02.11

Yesterday was another photoshoot for a local newspaper. I'm having such a great summer with all this press exposure! I was in a two page spread of the Metro Spirit, then in their whine line the next week with them giving me their support when a local art council were being jerks. Now, I'll be featured in Skirt next month, a personal profile. Ten minutes before the reporter and photographer arrived I still had no idea what I was going to wear!
I grabbed this new dress I bought on Etsy last week (review of the dress coming next week) from Lana Stepul. Instead of wearing just the dress, I wore my floral skirt. I shortened this skirt a few weeks ago for the  Metro Spirit photoshoot, see blog entry here. The belt is thrifted.
New nails. Petal pink Clinique nail polish first. Scotch tape applied diagonally across my nail, then mint green nail polish applied. Lastly, no chip topcoat and voila, 80s nails that make me want to eat ice cream. Reading The Dainty Squid makes me want to go nuts and repaint my nail so much more than I'm used to. Check out her tutorials, her recent nail tutorial was so fun! I'm dying to try her cupcake tutorial but I know I'd make such a mess of my tiny kitchen.
One of my favorite belts. I love elastic belts so much!
My favorite part of this dress: the little bow on the back! Isn't it just the sweetest thing you've ever seen? Be sure to check back next week for the review of the dress!
Happy Wednesday everyone! I have so much sewing to do today. I'm locking myself in my sewing room after chowing down on some Special K vanilla almond cereal with Bjork blasting really loud. I'm feel like I want to start off with Vespertine, from start to finish. Then Post. Bjork always makes me so productive? What do you like to listen to when you're sewing?

Now listening to:: "Hang with me" // Robyn

Comments

Popular Posts