Threesome weekend at Kure Beach, North Carolina

FINALLY! Summer is here. I can't be more thankful! Time for fun in the sun with friends. Matt, Jessica and I drove up to Wilmington, North Carolina, to the beach town of Kure Beach. Three days away from Augusta, woo hoo! We stayed in a beach house with a nice little pool and gorgeous views. Enjoy some fun pictures from our trip!

Poolside enjoying Matt's peach daiquiris. He blends fresh peaches with Bacardi and peach daiquiri concentrate. Mmmmm... My goal for the weekend. Not to mix a single drink. Matt's quite good and I get sick of bartending and mixing. I like to relinquish those skills to him on vacation.


 Muscley man. Ow ow!

Floating and lounging and being silly.

Mr. Randolph feeding the seagulls. Earlier this day, I help up some bread crusts from Jess' sandwich for the gulls. When they came swooping down towards me I screamed, threw down the bread, and ran around to pool to escape their path. It's quite frightening!

Silly Matt and Jessica working out like crazy while I relax. It is vacation right? We rode bikes to the pier and back. After an unsuccessful attempt at riding the bikes on the beach, we went to the road and took to the bike lane. My shoulder still wasn't healed I wasn't able to join in their crazy exercising, so I took to enjoying my embroidery for my next show.

The grill master. Turkey burgers and brats. Mmmm.. This was Matt's one "carb day" of the week, where he allows himself to have real carbs. He's nuts about his new diet and fitness schedule. He made some great burgers! Jessica and I even had a brat eating contest. It was quite funny.


Mwahhh!!


Sunrise on day two. The view from our room. I wanted to stay forever! 

Always working. My goal for the weekend was to finish three pieces. One on day one, finished by dinner, this was piece number two. I set a goal of the outline being complete before I was "allowed" to jump in the pool. I finished the third piece in the car on the way home.

Time to surf!

Hubba hubba. My boyfriend looks so tough and serious in with the surfboard!

Getting the hang of it. He did so well! I stood on the shore and watched Matt surf. I was cheering him on and taking pictures. After he was done, we took a little break and collected tons of seashells along the shore.




Soon after collecting shells, it was my turn to surf. What a workout that was! Matt helped me attempt to catch a few waves, but the tide and weather conditions weren't optimal for surfing. It was a great attempt though. When it came time for me to get off the board one last time, I had a little incident and was knocked square in the temple with the board. I was immediately dazed and knocked around, and like a baby started crying hysterically. It's incredible how much it hurt! Matt helped me into shore, me feeling defeated, and when we got back up to the house, I realized the size the knot on my head! It was at least an inch out from my head! Four days later, I still have a little bump and bruise. I can't wait to try again, sans injuries!


Jessica and I before dinner. We went to this lovely little restaurant on a pier and snapped open some crab legs! I was crossing my fingers my crab allergy would stay at bay and it has! I think I've overcome that allergy. We were caught in a crazy downpour before heading back home for our last evening at the house.

What is your favorite beach destination and what do you like to do there!?

Comments

Popular Posts