Tuesday Tunes - Ponderosa


This past weekend's music in Augusta was a real treat! A band came to town from Atlanta and blew us all away. Matt and I were headed home after a long day and stopped into Sky City to check out Ponderosa.

Photo by Banks Pappas.

The five piece band plays melodic southern folk with some bluegrass and rock influences. I'm not the greatest at describing music, I just know what I like. I'd describe them as a more rockin' Fleet Foxes with something southern thrown in there somewhere. 

We ran into some friends who were also in love with the band. We all danced, enjoyed a cocktail or two, and listened to some great tunes. And then I may or may not have asked them to play at my next lingerie fashion show. Oh Fireball...


Photo by Banks Pappas.


And yes, that is a Joy Division shirt I'm wearing. What a great night. I really need to start catching more local shows. Sky City is such an amazing venue. It's were I host all my fashion shows, and where many bands play. It has one of the best sound systems in Georgia for a small venue and makes all concerts feel so intimate and personal. 

You have to check out this band, Ponderosa! If you haven't already watched the video up top, check out and buy their album on iTunes, Moonlight Revival. I just bought it and so should you! Also, be sure to check out their websiteFacebook page, and Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts