Tuesday Tunes - First Aid Kit "Emmylou"


This band, First Aid Kit, is great! Two Swedish sisters, Johanna and Kalara Soderberg became famous when their YouTube cover of a Fleet Foxes song went viral in 2008. Their new album, The Lion's Roar, was released this year, and I'm about to buy it on iTunes. Can't wait to give it a listen! Check out their website for more info on the band.

The video, above, was filmed in Joshua Tree National Park, as an homage to Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, Johnny Cash, and June Carter. It was also shot on what would have been Gram Parsons' 65th birthday. 


I just discovered this band when I was at work yesterday. I work as a part-time bartender at a taproom in downtown Augusta where we serve awesome craft beers and play bluegrass and alternative music. I couldn't ask for a better job when I hear Yo La Tengo and Neil Young all afternoon after spending my day at home sewing and working.

Comments

Popular Posts