Little Sailor Skirt!
Guest Post from Nicole of Pussycat Vintage


Hello!! I'm Nicole from Pussycat Vintage and I am super excited to be here on Sally's blog today! I completely admire and love Sally's work, not to mention she is also one of the sweetest people I have met in this land of blogs!

I've been blogging for almost two years now, which seems crazy, but I love it! My blog is focused on my family, the fantastic and terrible parts of being a mom to a pre-teen, I also do weekly outfit and inspirational posts as well. It's whole lot of everything. I'm a full time mom with a full time job and I live in a small city in Indiana with my son Logan, my man Gray and our dogs Bacon & Waffles. We are a pretty happy bunch and I hope that you will pop by and say hello!

Now let's get down to the vintage details of this outfit I'm sporting here and why buying second hand is such a wonderful thing! I picked up this skirt on a thrifting trip I finally squeezed in last week. I went specifically looking for dresses and some new skirts. When I found this high waisted beauty I threw it in the cart and just prayed that they would fit me once I got home! Halellujah they did!! The best part about this skirt is that it's not really a skirt, it's shorts! There are little flaps on the front and the back to make it appear to be a skirt. Bonus, I can wear these when I ride my bike!

Those shoes I have been looking for, for oh. . . about a year now! I always find shoes just like it but never in my size. These are the exact color and style I have been searching for! They needed a little polishing up but that was it! They still have a lot of life left in them and I think that they will possibly even last me until next summer. Which I have to say that most of my vintage shoes have lasted me longer than any of the shoes I have bought from Target or Forever 21. If what you are buying was well taken care of, it will last you so much longer than something new.


Outfit Details::
Tank // Not Sure. I've had it forever!
Skirt // Thrifted
Shoes // Thrifted

I've been buying and wearing vintage since middle school. I remember I used to ask my parents for gift certificates to the Good Will and Salvation Army for my birthday's and Christmas. They used to get so mad because that was all that I wanted. Hahaha! Back then I was really into polyester button up shirts with very loud prints on them and vintage t-shirts. My taste has definitely changed as I have gotten older but my love for vintage never has. There are so many benefits to buying second hand/vintage. For example. it's way easier on your bank account than a shopping trip to the mall, you are in a lot of cases helping support a small or local business thrive, it helps to majorly reduce waste and you find something unique each and every time. Everyone wants to have something in their wardrobe that no one else will have and buying from a thrift or vintage shop is the easiest and best way to make that happen!

Do you buy second hand clothing? If so, I'd love to know what your favorite item is that you have thrifted over the years!! Mine is definitely an amazing western leather belt with roses on it and big silver buckle! Leave Sally and I a comment about yours!

Thanks again so much to Sally for having me over here today! Hope you are all having an amazing day!

PCVN_newSign

Comments

  1. Very cute outfit and post! Great guest blogger Sally! -Abbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it's a skort!!! I NEED that for bike riding! Oh my goodness!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts