Lazy Days: Chevron Afghan

Since my fashion show, everyone I've been running into asks me, "what are you doing now?" I'll tell you what I've been doing. I've been crocheting and watching Vampire Diaries. I'm working on my first afghan, and I'm about halfway done. It's quite time consuming, but so much fun

The pattern is from Love Elycia's blog, and she got it from "The Easy Art Of Ripple Crochet". I borrowed the same colors she used in her blanket she crocheted from the pattern. I can't wait to make more of these! I'm even considering making a king sized throw for our bed... that might take a while.. Matt is dying for something other than our pink vintage bedspread ha.

A fun new crocheting accessory I picked up last weekend at Crafty Feast, this little yarn bowl holder from Creativity Happens. I've always wanted one of these to sit on my coffee table while I crochet. Keeps the cats from eating my yarn. You can find a similar one here.

 While I should have made it a little bigger, it's perfect "couch size". It'll be big enough to cozy up with Matt and watch a movie, or to use by myself when I'm laying with a cat or two. Plus the colors make it quite versatile for the day we choose another couch set.

Now back to VD and more crocheting before I tackle my mess of a sewing room I need to organize. But it can wait one more day. I love taking a week to myself for projects such as this after a three month overhaul and show. Some quality "Sally time". I clear my head, daydream, brainstorm, and just shut off. It feels great. Then when I get back to work, I'm ready for anything!

What is your favorite kind of down time? What do you like to do to unwind? Have you made an afghan? Let's see some pictures!

Comments

  1. oh I really love this pattern, so Twin Peaks! I am an embroiderer but I cannot crochet to save my life! I end up in a big mess :(
    I try and take a break from embroidery every now and then but my hands get antsy so my down time invovles embroidering things just for me whilst watching bad horror movies!
    http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that yarn holder! I never knew that they made things like that! I totally just bookmarked it on etsy for a little birthday treat for myself next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sqqquueeeee! I love the Afghan. And I love that someone else besides me is watching TVD. Must go on this dinner date once I kick the flu!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts