DIY Chocolate Covered Pretzels


I made these last week for my New Years party instead of cookies. Everyone loved them and thankfully I had stashed some in my fridge so I would have some left for myself. They are so easy to make and a really cheap and easy sweet snack.

You will need:

  •  one bag semisweet chocolate chips
  • one cup peanut butter (optional)
  • one bag of bite size pretzels
  • wax paper
  • mini crock pot or sauce pan

Empty your chocolate chips into small Crock pot, one you would use for cheese dips and such, or your saucepan. Turn on low. Allow chocolate chips to melt completely. Lay out a large sheet of wax paper, and fill a bowl with pretzels next to pot of chocolate. Dip each pretzel in halfway, using a wooden spoon to scrape off excess. Lay on wax paper. Repeat 100 times or until out of chocolate. 

Optional peanut butter chocolate covered pretzels. When you've used half of your chocolate, add 1 cup peanut butter to remaining chocolate and melt together. Repeat dipping process as before with just the chocolate.

Allow pretzels 30 minutes to cool, more time is needed for peanut butter chocolate pretzels. The plain chocolate pretzels will harden well, the peanut butter ones will be a little sticky, so be sure to refrigerate them. Serve in pretty dish or refrigerate until ready to eat! They make a great party snack and are so pretty! And so cheap to make! 

Making them for kids, add sprinkles after dipping in chocolate. Next time, I'm going to experiment with white chocolate! I can't wait. Now to go finish off the rest of sitting in Glad wear in my kitchen. Yum! Breakfast of champions, eh?

Original idea and recipe from my Instagram friend, Frenchtoastvegan.

Comments

Popular Posts