Belle & Sebastian, always a favorite and never disappointing.


A band that NEVER disappoints, Belle & Sebastian is one of my favorites. I remember when I bought my first B&S CD, I found it at Salvation Army for $1.99 when I was 16. I had one of their songs on an CD a friend burned me, but couldn't find their CD at any local shop. It was the album, "The Boy With The Arab Strap". I don't know who would get rid of a Belle & Sebastian album, but it made me so happy they did!

Belle & Sebastian is an indie pop band from Glasow, Scotland that formed in 1996. Their music is very uplifting and pretty, often called "wistful pop". Give them a listen!

I listened to it nonstop and became obsessed with the band. I even met the band when I was 18 with my friend, Sara. I wish I still had the pictures of me with Stuart in my homemade B&S sweater! I scoured all my ancient Photobucket accounts with no success. At the concert we were second row and went nuts, dancing during the entire show. Hands down it was one of the best concerts of my life and was right after "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" was released. 

After the concert, we asked Chris and Stuart what Isobel had been up to, Stuart's old flame that had left the band, and Chris, the keyboard player, gave me HIS copy of her then recently released album that was in his CD player. I still have it and love love love them! All their albums are fantastic and you should listen to them all!

Their new album is as good as all their oldies, titled "Belle & Sebastian Write About Love". Stuart's song on the album, "Read The Blessed Pages" is a really sad song to Isobel, 10 years after their breakup. I cried the first time I heard it, it was so beautiful.

For those of you that are not familiar with the band, here are some songs to listen to and my 20 favorites, in no particular order:
  1. Sleep The Clock Around
  2. Step Into my office, baby
  3. Expectations
  4. Piazza, New York Catcher
  5. Read The Blessed Pages
  6. Fox In The Snow
  7. Asleep On A Sunbeam
  8. The Boy With The Arab Strap
  9. Is It Wicked Not To Care?
  10. I Don't Love Anyone
  11. The State That I Am In
  12. I'm A Cuckoo
  13. I Fought In A War
  14. The Wrong Girl
  15. I Love My Car
  16. My Wandering Days Are Over
  17. Stars Of Track and Field
  18. Judy And The Dream Of Horses
  19. If She Wants Me
  20. Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
What are your favorite Belle & Sebastian songs?!

Comments

  1. This:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvS902DLEVI

    and so many others! I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts