Spicy Hummus and the end of football!


Thank goodness football season is finally coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I like football, but I just can't wait for it to be over. First I have to watch college football, which is understandable since my boyfriend went to Auburn and they were national champions in 2010, and now professional! AH! TOO MUCH FOOTBALL! I joke around that we will soon be watching a million chick flicks and doing girly things now that I get to pick the events of the day. Actually, I'd love to go kayaking, have picnics, dog walks, and things outside.

Sunday was the AFC and NFC championship games, the winners of each game go to the Super Bowl. Instead of doing dinner just Matt and I, we went to watch the game with friends. Our dish to pass - spicy hummus. Here is the recipe and instructions for preparation. It was so yummy and we still have some leftover!


Ingredients (original recipe from Allrecipes.com, I changed a few things):

  • 2 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans / chick peas
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (I substituted safflower oil)
  • 2 tablespoons tahini (I substituted peanut butter)
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice (I used the fresh juice from one lemon)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • handful of jarred jalapeno slices
  • 1 tablespoon juice from jar of jalapenos
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix everything in a food processor and that's all! It is seriously so easy and so yummy! Serve with fresh pita, pita chips, or even better, with carrots!



Comments

  1. I have a Ninja too and I absolutely love it!!!! I have been craving hummus like a boss lately, I should pick up some chickpeas!! And I love the idea of using peanut butter...

    Make sure you make Matt pay for all those football games! That you want him to bring a 6pack or a bottle of wine on the picnics or force him to take pictures of you kayaking :) I'm sure he'll soon learn how much more fun it is than football....afterall, happy girlfriend, happy life, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts