Nothing New Guest Post

Hey guys, this is Brittany!  I run a one woman operation called Nothing New, where I turn all kinds of unwanted textiles into wearable treasure. 

When I first opened my etsy shop, I did a search for other upcycling designers and immediately came across Sally's shop and blog.  I fell in love with a little tan dress of hers, and she loved a dress of mine.  So we decided to trade, dress for dress.


Lucky for me, the dress fit like a glove!  It originally came with a belt of the same colour, but I swapped it with a dark leather one that I found at the thrift for $2.  I love this belt, but unfortunately, so does my bunny.  No matter where I hide it, she always seems to find it.  Needless to say it has a few battle scars.



This dress a boon for winter because it's fully lined- so it's nice and warm!  It just begs to be warn with thick tights and boots (mine were $10 from the thrift store).



The thrill of finding a designer to swap with is unparalleled.  The dress feels like it's free, and it's so flattering when you share a mutual enthusiasm over each other's work.  Thanks Sally!

Comments

  1. Brittany, your dress is awesome! I liked how you paired it with the tights and books. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alethia! I bought the tights just for this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redknapp thrilled with QPR ´spirit´ against Arsenal
    Agen Bola indo11.com reported, Harry Redknapp declared himself delighted with the response of his QPR side after conceding an early goal in the 1-0 defeat against Arsenal.
    Theo Walcott scored after 20 seconds as Arsenal made it eight games unbeaten in the Premier League with victory at Loftus Road.

    But Redknapp felt his players gave a good account of themselves and were unlucky to not to have taken anything from the game.

    “It was an awful start but I thought we showed fantastic spirit,” Redknapp said.

    “We went down within a minute but there was nothing in the game, they had spells of possession but I always thought we were going to get something out of the game.

    “Their keeper has pulled off a world-class save near the end, I couldn’t have asked for anything more from them. as reported by Indo Eleven.

    “They could have dropped their heads after the goal and we could have lost five or six nil but we didn’t, we got after them and I felt it was an excellent performance I was delighted with the players.”

    Redknapp was particularly impressed with the impact made by Tottenham loanee Andros Townsend, but admitted there was no chance he would play for relegated QPR in the Championship next season.

    Source : www.indo11.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts