Another Sunny Day


Listening to my headphones this morning and cleaning my workroom. A big sigh is in order, as I've finished sewing the women's pieces for my Winter/Spring collection! Woo hoo! It will be presented in my next runway show in December. One month from this Saturday. Fittings officially start today, with a few appointments around lunchtime. My models come over, and try on all the pieces that are their size. I have fittings all week, and next week I'll decide who wear what. Total women's pieces: 35. I've been sewing non stop the last few weeks! All pieces are negliges/dresses, two tone, cinched waists, bright colors. Lots of sheer pieces, flattering feminine cuts and lengths. I really want to make 4-5 more pieces, and round out the collection at 40, but I have so many small projects in my work line, I need to tell myself enough is enough. I get on a roll with a collection and can't stop! Anyone else have that problem?!


Now time to start the men's pieces this week. I have four male models, and I'm planning on sewing a collection of men's boxer shorts from recycled materials. Hopefully I'll sew 20+ boxer sets, just in time for Christmas. Only a handful will be on the runway, most just available for purchase. I'm getting a little extra sewing help with the men's boxers, as they aren't as particular in design as the women's one-of-a-kind pieces. This is my first time sewing and selling men's garments. Quite exciting!


Good morning! Belle & Sebastian and Camera Obscura are making my morning so bright and happy!


Recently, I switched out my open faced cabinet out for a China cabinet. Thanks Matt! It had been in his storage shed that he just emptied out. Instead of squeezing the cabinet into our living room, I thought it'd work great for my fabric and sewing supplies! I love having everything tucked away from the open air, protecting it from cats and dog hair. Plus it looks so great! My workline rack needs to shrink, on the right.



Hope you enjoyed a peek into my work area/office/studio/room. It's always very chaotic and slightly disorganized, with scrap pieces of fabric everywhere. There is a method to my madness, I swear. I'm constantly using scraps here and there, so nothing is ever completely put away unless I'm between shows. I really need to work on my organizational skills!

Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

  1. I am so glad that I found your blog! I am secretly envious of anyone that can create fashion because, sure I can hem a pant leg and fix a hole, but creating clothing from scratch is so foreign to me! Love your blog, and I love having a little peek inside people's workspaces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts