DIY Infinity Scarf with French Seams

Thumbing through online DIY infinity scarves, I find most instructions make a giant tube of a scarf, two layers so to speak, making it thicker than my personal preferences for a scarf. I love my pashminas, wrapped twice around my neck, and ends tied together. Also, this simple single layered infinity scarf hides your raw edges, by using a french seam. This tutorial will show you how to take two 15"x40" pieces of fabric to make a single layered scarf. Enjoy.

1. Cut two pieces 15" x 40". 2. Pin shorter edge of the fabric with WRONG sides together on both ends. 3. Sew 1/4" in from edge, or as close you can get to the edge with your fabric. 4. Press seams open (not pictured) and fold RIGHT sides of fabric together. Sew 1/2" in from sewn edge. (see video below for more on this step!) 5. Sew a double folded hem on both sides of the long part of the scarf. 6. Don't forget to backstitch and you're done! Wasn't that so easy?!


This scarf is so comfortable to just wear around the house all day. It's quite chilly in Georgia right now, and I'm a huge wimp now when it comes to cold. Layers are my best friend. Socks covered by fuzzy socks that I tuck my jeans into, then cowboy boots as always. 

 
The camper was such a nightmare last night! We've had the windows all open for about a week, still airing out that stinky old smell from years of being closed up. Well I woke up at 3 am, grumpy and couldn't fall asleep because of all of the loud rain and thunder. Wait a minute. Rain?! Agh. I jumped out of bed to throw on a sweatshirt and jeans, grabbed an umbrella to go inspect the camper. The tarp was next to the camper, not on top of it, and water was everywhere inside! I grabbed Matt from bed, and we went outside with a flashlight to cover it back up. I threw towels inside to soak up the water, and fingers crossed the remaining good wood isn't damaged anymore than it was before. On the bright side, the window we recently recaulked and wall we rebuilt held up to the rain! We really need to finish sealing the sunroof and back wall this weekend!

Zeus has been the best dog ever, and we're able to have him off his leash in our backyard. It isn't fenced in, and he's good enough to not run after passers-by along the street 50 yards up the driveway. This dense ball that we found in the backyard is his favorite thing ever now! He comes up to me, mid day, staring at me, nudging, and whining like he's about to pee his pants. I take him out to find him sprinting to his ball like he's been dreaming about it all day. Spoiled dog. Maybe he just needs more indoor toys. 

 
Hope you all found this tutorial helpful. If you try it out, send me pictures!  I'd love to see what you make! In the meantime, I'm headed to work at Stillwater and trying my best to beat this cold spell! Email: sallyannfashion@gmail.com.

Comments

  1. Love that you made a video! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are so adorable. I love the scarf idea too! And I hope there wasnt any real damage to your camper. I cant wait to see how that progresses!
    kendrrat
    kendrrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts